Work From Home: Is it REALLY working for you, your boss & family?
I LOVE working from home. And now, it’s easier than ever to rock a ton of careers as remote jobs. But let’s get real: working from home isn’t easy, and it isn’t for everyone. I did it for 8 years … and then I got an office. Why? Because as much as I cherish the freedom and flexibility, it is HARD to stay focused and productive at home. This week on Planet Work live, let’s tell the truth about the challenges … and work together on the solutions. Because there IS a way to make it work … for you, your family AND your boss. And as a business leader, you already know the truth: you will have to find a way to make it work if you want to attract & retain top talent. One look at the “Great Resignation” is all you need. This Thursday, we’ll talk about how to …
• Set boundaries for yourself, family & friends (“No, I cannot ‘run a quick errand’ for you.”)
• Look professional (especially with kids & dogs at home)
• Measure your success
• Communicate with your boss & your team
• Handle the snide remarks from your dad (“But are you gonna look for a REAL job?”) and friends (“Oh my GAWD I wish I could get paid to do nothing all day!”)
• Resist the lure of EVERYTHING other than work (Pajamas! Mowing! Laundry! Ted Lasso & Dexter!)
And then, we’ll talk about how bosses can …
• Say yes without losing sleep
• Set clear expectations
• Communicate effectively
• Handle conflict with a remote team
• Handle the slackers who really aren’t getting it done
Do you work from home? Do you manage remote team(s)? JOIN US! We’d love to know what’s working for you.
#workfromhome #remotejobs #planetwork #catbreet